Indie Ogden Review: Winder Farms
Winder Farms is a local food delivery that has been bringing farm fresh goods right to your door since 1880. Sign up is easy, you just create an account, choose items to be delivered, a rep calls you to confirm your order and make sure you understand all their policies and within a few days you have groceries on your doorstep.
When I opened my door on my delivery date, a big cooler bag was waiting for me and everything inside was nice and cold. It was pretty exciting unloading all of our treats especially since the fresh baked cookies were on top. I love the variety that came in my delivery, often times I find myself buying the same things over and over so it was fun to mix it up a little.
I really love that Winder adds a couple of recipes that you can make with items in your produce box. That same night my family made the Japanese pan noodle recipe they included (Recipe from FreshandHappy.com) and it was amazing. What a great way to get people to try out their box items, especially if they have never cooked with them before.
So what did I get in my first box?
- Sliced white country bread
- Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, 10 count
- Strawberry lemonade, 16oz
- Cage free brown eggs, dozen
- Whole milk, 1/2 gallon
- Boneless skinless chicken breast, 8oz
- Colosimo’s German bratwurst, 16 oz
- Produce box containing: bundle of rainbow chard, 1/2 lb fingerling potatoes, 1 whole garlic, 2 ginger roots, 1 package carrots, 1/2 lb snow peas, 2 limes, 2 lemons, 3 red delicious apples
Overall I think my delivery was a great buy and considering I saved time and gas by not having to go to the grocery store it makes it an even better deal. Want to try it out? Sign up today and get $50 in credits on me! Click the link below to get started!