Young Living Back to School Essential Oil Recipes & Giveaway!
With school starting it’s a good time to start boosting our immune systems and for me that also means stocking up on essential oils. As a “crunchy” mama I tend to gravitate towards the natural healing methods that help your body fight and boost your immunity rather than medicines that just mask symptoms. Here are some of my favorites to use during the school year to help us get through all those back to school sickies.
- Tea tree oil and peppermint- Household cleaning, in spray bottle for on the go disinfectant.
- Clove oil- applied to the gums for teething and loose tooth ouchies.
- Arnica- mixed with oil and applied topically for sore muscles and general achies.
- Lavender- in a spray bottle for on the go calm kid magic.
- Eucalyptus- in baths or mixed with Vaseline for home made vicks vap-o-rub for colds.
- Citronella and lemon grass- mixed with oil or in a spray bottle for natural bug repellent.
Recently I had a chance to test out some local Utah essential oils from the company Young Living. This is no small mom n pop anymore, this company is one of the leading essential oil companies in the world and has some of the most advanced technologies. Although this company has grown to be world known, they have not forgotten their Utah roots, their lavender is some of the most potent and delicious smelling oils and they use lavender from right here in Utah!
I was sent a box full of their most popular oils along with a Rose Home Diffuser. I heard people in my crunchy moms groups mention diffusers but I had no idea what one was. After the first use I wondered how I ever survived without one. This device mists out essential oil and water and fills a room with whatever scent you infused it with. I have been experimenting with the scents and doing research all week and came up with these 6 powerful combos for the most common back to school ailments.
- Colds, Sniffles and Coughs, for all of those back to school yucks: 4 drops of Eucalyptus, 3 drops of Peppermint, 2 drops of tea tree oil , 2 drops of Panaway
- Bravery, for the kiddos having a hard time being away from home: 3 drops of Valor, 2 drops of Purification
- Detox, to cleanse the house (and you) of all the rowdy school energy ( and germs!): 3 drops of Thieves, 2 drops of Purification
- Calm down, to help the kids get to bed at night: 3 drops of Peace & Calming, 3 drops of lavender
- Focus, help with focusing on homework: 3 drops of Brain Power, 2 drops of Magnify your Purpose
- Mood Booster, for perking up the kiddos when they wake up or reinvigorating them when they get home: 3 drops of Joy, 2 drops of Lemon
Want to win a Young Living Back to School kit? I have one kit, valued at over $300 for one lucky reader! Enter using the Rafflecopter entry form below.
This awesome set includes:
- Rose Home Diffusor
- Everyday essential oil collection
- Thieves Spray
- Thieves water-less hand sanitizer
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to prescribe, treat, prevent, or diagnose any disease or condition. The products in this post were gifted by the company, Young Living, however all opinions are my own.