Summertime is all about adventure so don’t let the kids (or yourself) waste their break staring at electronics. Ogden is an incredible place to be a kid and an adult, and we have the lowdown on all the fun free & cheap things to do this summer. Whether you want to go on an epic road trip or lay in the grass at the park, we got you covered. Get out there and explore, get sunburned, scrape a knee, laugh till it hurts and make some fantastic memories!
Indie Ogden Posts For Adventure Inspiration
- 50+ FREE things to do this summer in Ogden
- 10 FREE activities for families in Northern Utah
- Top 10 day trips from Ogden
- Geocaching Adventures in Ogden
- Indie Ogden’s guide to an epic adventure
- 10 fun family activities in Layton
- How to be a tourist in downtown Ogden
- 10 local sports for thrill seekers
- Boating Pineview Reservoir
- 21 things to do on a Sunday in Ogden
- 10 adventures for weekend warriors
- 10 recreations centers to beat the heat
Free Breakfast & Lunch For Kids
Free meals for children 18 and under.
Summer Lunch will be served June 6 – July 22, 11:30 – 12:15, Monday – Friday at the following locations:
- Bonneville Elementary 490 Gramercy Ave.
- Lincoln Elementary 550 E. Canfield Drive
- *Madison Elementary* 2563 Monroe Blvd.
- *Odyssey Elementary* 375 Goddard Street
- *Ben Lomond High* 1080 9th Street
- *Ogden High* 2828 Harrison Blvd. Washington High 455 28th Street 4
- Washington High 455 28th Street 4
- 4 th Street Park 4 th & Wall Ave. Jaycee Park 25
- Jaycee Park 25 th & Fillmore Ave.
- Lester Park 24th & Madison Ave.
- Lorin Farr Park 17th & Gramercy Ave.
- Marshall White Center 222 28th Street
- Monroe Park 30th & Monroe Blvd.
- Mount Ogden Park 32nd & Taylor Ave.
- West Ogden Park 24th Street & E Ave.
Breakfast will be served at *these locations* above from 8:00 – 8:15 am. Please note; no meals will be served July 4 at any of these sites.
Arts In The Park
Each day includes a different set of FREE activities
12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Mountain
- Monday: Tell It – Storytelling
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Play it and Move it – Music and Dance
- Thursday: Imagine It – Puppets and Theatre
- Friday: Make It – Visual Arts
Arts in the Parks 2016 Dates and Locations
- June 6-10, 2016 (12 noon to 1 p.m.) at Lorin Farr Park (769 Canyon Road, Ogden)
- June 13-17, 2016 (12 noon to 1 p.m.) at 4th Street Park (275 4th Street, Ogden)
- June 20-24, 2016 (12 noon to 1 p.m.) at Lester Park (663 24th Street, Ogden)
- June 27-July 1, 2016 (12 noon to 1 p.m.) at Monroe Park (850 30th Street, Ogden)
- July 5 – 8, 2016 (12 noon to 1 p.m.) at Mt. Ogden Park (3144 Taylor Avenue, Ogden) *NO ACTIVITIES FRIDAY, JULY 4 – Federal Holiday
- July 11-15, 2016 (12 noon to 1 p.m.) at West Ogden Park (751 West 24th Street, Ogden)
Science In the Parks
- June 6-10, 2016 at West Ogden Park (751 West 24th Street, Ogden)
- June 13-17, 2016 at Lorin Farr Park (769 Canyon Road, Ogden)
- June 20-24, 2016 at 4th Street Park (275 4th Street, Ogden)
- June 27-July 1, 2016 at Lester Park (663 24th Street, Ogden) *NOTE: THIS LOCATION CHANGED from a previously advertised park due to construction projects.
- July 5 – 8, 2016 at Monroe Park (850 30th Street, Ogden) *Note: No lunch or science hosted on July 4.
- July 11-15, 2016 at Mt. Ogden Park (3144 Taylor Avenue, Ogden)
Ogden City Amphitheater Summer Events.All activities will be hosted from approximately 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, coinciding with Ogden School District’s free lunch program hosted at each of these parks. Each day of the week will host a different theme and a different set of activities, and these will be cycled through at each park. FREE
Ogden Amphitheater Summer Events
The Ogden Amphitheater is host to community events throughout the year. During the warmer season the theater hosting regular events: Monday Night at the Movies, Tunes at Noon, Talent in the Park and the Farmer’s Market every Saturday morning. Concert and community events are also sprinkled throughout the summer.
- Tunes at Noon: 12-1pm every Wednesday Municipal Gardens
- Monday Night at the Movies: Bring the family and the blankets, and settle in on the grass for a movie under the stars at the Amphitheater!Free to the public – Movies start at dusk.
- Free Summer Concerts: Talent in the Park is every Wednesday evening at 8:00. Come early to grab a good seat or bring your blanket and chairs to pick a place on the grass.
Ogden Twilight Series
Probably about the most fun you can have for $5. See 3 world class bands for less than the cost of a movie or combo meal. Coming to the Ogden Amphitheater June 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th. Full line-up at www.ogdentwilight.comTickets at www.24tix.com/ot.
Thursday, June 2
w/ Special Guest TBA
Thursday, June 9
Thursday, June 16
ON AN ON
Van Lady Love
Thursday, June 23
Thursday, June 30
Peter Bjorn & John
The National Parks
Oasis Summer Nights
“Join us every Thursday, starting June 5th, from 6-8pm at the Oasis Community Garden located at 2445 Monroe for live music, a pop-up farmer’s market, workshops, demonstrations and yoga in the garden. Bring a blanket, pack a picnic, and come hang out in our urban Oasis!”
R.A.M.P FREE Summer Saturdays
Free museums, rec centers and more throughout summer, Schedule HERE
FREE Events at Weber Libraries
- Weber library events: Free events all summer long including cooking classes, science, live music, puppet shows, movies and more! Check out their calendar HERE
- Discovery Time: Hands on learning for kids in groups of ages infant-3 and 4-5 Full Schedule, locations and themes HERE
- Story Fiesta At Weber Library Every Thursday, Stories, snacks, games, and crafts for the whole family, presented in Spanish and English. Please call 801-337-2639 for questions. -More info HERE
- Film Screenings: Are you a film fanatic? The Library hosts many film screenings and has a circulating collection of popular and educational DVDs. Each of our five locations has free movie programs and numerous film titles for you to choose from. Please see ourFILM ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES. Screening Calendar HERE.
Marshall White Center
Low cost and reduced fee classes for kids, pool and community events at http://www.marshallwhitecenter.com/monthly-calendar.html
Kitchen Kneads FREE cooking lessons
Check out their whole schedule here: http://kitchenkneads.com/schedule
Recreation centers to beat the heat
Click the photo for our guide
Local Festivals & Events
Ogden Farmers Market
Ogden Arts Festival
Ogden Pioneer Days
Hot Rockin’ 4th
Weber County Fair